Linders Specialty Company
Location : Saint Paul MN US
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 /year
Required education: Associate
Required licenses or certifications:
Metal Fabication Experience
Linders Specialty Company, in St.Paul, is looking for a motivated person who is detail oriented, quality conscience and has strong mechanical aptitude. This position will primarily be operating an angle and plate rolling machine and secondarily a brake press, shear and drill press. The machines are a combination of manual and CNC controlled. Preferred candidate will have the necessary skills to program CNC machinery. Prior experience in a metal fabrication shop is preferred. Great starting opportunity for tech school graduates. Position could result in a lead man position within 3-5 years.
Perform required rolling operations per print or specifications by the operation due date. Requires knowledge of how to roll various metals, shapes and sizes.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The rolling operator must possess or acquire the knowledge of how to roll the basic metal shapes (flat bar, pipe, tubing, angles, channel and beams). There is also the need to know how to roll different types of metal.
Effective performance requires the ability to operate the rolling machine to generate quality parts and adherence to due dates. This includes correct specifications and quantities. The rolling operator is also required to perform preventative maintenance and know when to contact maintenance with regard to repairs.
1) Visual inspection and Verification of machine operation during setup procedures.
2) Verify proper materials have delivered before starting rolling operations.
3) Performs the rolling job per job sheet instructions.
4) Have first finished item inspected by qualified personnel.
5) Works with lead man and maintenance in scheduling service and repair of rolling machine.
6) Cleanup machine and dispose of any scrap drop and setup material.
7) Finish time and quantity documentation on time card, mark the quantity on the shop paper.